Preparing for your child to start primary or secondary school or return from a school holiday requires planning and preparation for all children but if your child has an additional health or developmental need there may be other things you need to take into account. This may include which school you choose for your child.
Below are some resources that can help you with this process but remember you can also ask for advice from the professionals your child currently sees or the SENCO at the school your child attends or you are thinking of sending them to.
Preparing for school
- Family Lives - school readiness
- Zero to three - school readiness
- National Deaf Children’s Society - Choosing a deaf-friendly school
- Bliss - Starting primary school a resource for parents of children born prematurely
- National Autistic Society – Choosing a school in England
- ADHD Foundation - ADHD in the Classroom
- SCOPE - Choosing a Special Educational Needs (SEN) school
- MENCAP - Further education